to the world's second oldest physiological institute founded by J.E. Purkyne on October 6th, 1851.
|Latitude 50° 4' 08,400" N, Longit. 14° 25' 27,624" E|
The Institute of Physiology belongs to the 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University. It is headed by Professor Otomar Kittnar CSc. The Institute is located in a standalone building in the locality called Albertov, where many other University's buildings and institutions can be found.
Institute provides education for about 470 students every year. Current scientific orientation is aimed at the Developmental Neurophysiology.
The Institute of Physiology is a seat of the Czech Physiological Society.